13 July 2009 Daily Inspiration

Musical Inspiration

This weekend I finally loaded the Juno Soundtrack onto my ipod and this morning I have been bopping through the city to:


I am a vampire
I have lost my fangs
So I'm sad and I feel lonely
So I cry and I'm very angry
And I eat some garlic
So I'm no more satanic yeah yeah

I am a vampire and I'm walking (or looking) in the city
But the pretty girls don't look at me, don't look at me
Cos' I don't have my fangs, Cos' I have lost my fangs

I am a vampire
I have lost my mouth organ
Si I get bored and I shout
So I eat pop corn and I put on weight

And I sing but my voice is breaking
And I want to play the guitar
But my guitar is out of tune

I am a vampire and I'm walking in the city
But the musicals don't play with me, don't play with me
Cos' I don't have my mouth organ
Cos' I have lost my mouth organ.

Photography Inspiration


There is a slight theme of childhood that is seeping through into this blog....it has always been a fascination for me in my own work and life. If you know me I have a big toy collection that I have been collecting to relive my childhood and I do tend to have more fun there. Hence I have started to notice that the images I am drawn to for daily inspiration have a similar theme.



Samantha Everton's series 'Vintage Dolls' explores the uncanny through these strange set ups using young girls as models. The image 'Black Forest' is particularly eerie and contains a range of elements that inspire me: Dollhouses, Red, Wolves and Beautiful Dresses.

Comments

Popular Posts