Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Retro Butterwick B5748

Retro Butterwick B5748


The 'Thouraya' Dress

When I was younger I was told my name meant a constellation of stars which was pretty awesome and the interweb confirms it means 'stars and planets'. So I thought I could aptly name this dress after myself when I found this amazing constellation fabric!

I was also lucky enough to have a wonderful pattern on hand. I made a dress for a friend who is getting married and wanted a dress the same as her bridesmaids! It is a lovely dress made from a gorgeous liberty print that I will share soon...and since I fell in love with the pattern I made one for me too!

I love the shape of the back and I must say it passes the twirl test with flying colours!

Vital Statistics:

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Amelie is SIX!

This week our darling Amelie turned 6!

I thought I would be really tricky and sneak in overnight and put her new Briar Rose Quilt on her bed so that when she woke up on her birthday morning she would get a surprise.


I even slipped a new pillowcase under her head...and she woke up, raced out of bed looking for presents...so I sent her straight back! Once she realised she was excited!

Thanks to Nicole at Frontier Dreams for giving me the idea to make a pillowcase to match her quilt - turns out the scraps I stitched were the perfect size for a pillowcase!

Dressed up as Elisabat for her Monster High Party! 

Elsa with Elsa!

She was so excited that this Elsa costume was for her - I needed to test the arms and she thought it was for my shop!

She has had a lovely couple of days and is so excited to be 6!

I always love to see how much the little ones have grown so I put together this series of photos of Amelie through the years....from 0-6!

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Frozen Elsa Costume

A little preview of Amelie's Elsa costume!

She will be getting this for her birthday in a weeks time so SHHH....

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Vintage Sheet Quilts

This week I had a customer request for two vintage sheet quilts which gave me the chance to finish some quilt tops I created a little while ago...alright lets be honest it was over a year ago now!

Check them out HERE and HERE!

I used some of my favourite vintage sheets for the backing and gingham for the binding!

I quilted one with lines and squares and the other with a zig zag like Amelie's quilt.

They are now all packaged up and on the way to their new home!

Friday, March 14, 2014

Amelie and Atticus Super Sale!


We are having a SUPER SALE!

Otherwise known as...CAPES FOR CANADA!

We are having a big tree change soon from Australia to Canada and in preparation we are clearing out all our stock and I will be sewing up as much as I can to raise some much need funds! 

All ready-made items in the shop are discounted - with nothing over $29!

Head on over to the SHOP to bag a bargain and help us to start this new chapter of our lives!

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Amelie's Briar Rose Quilt

Vital Statistics

My Amendments to the Pattern: Instead of the yardage suggested I purchased a complete set of fat quarters and used all 20 of the prints instead of 17. I cut the fat quarters into 9 squares measuring 6 inches each. The final size of the finished quilt is 76 inches by 66 inches. 

To quilt it I used a walking foot on my standard machine and quilted every second zig zag 1/4 inch from the seam. This created a lovely chevron pattern on the back of the quilt.

To back and bind the quilt I used a large off-white flat sheet to keep it plain and leave the focus on the beautiful rainbow!

For the wadding I used a premium seed cotton wadding.

The quilt is now tucked away for Amelie's birthday in April. It is looking forward to many years of snuggles, fort building, hide and seek, and imaginative play!

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Quilting Briar Rose

I've enjoyed quilting Amelie's lovely Briar Rose so much I thought I would share some of my photos from the experience. 

I used a walking foot on my little old Janome and it worked a treat! I never thought I'd be able to do a full quilt on my machine! I stitched every second row 1/4 inch up from the zig-zag and it created a lovely pattern on the back. 

Now I can't wait to get binding tomorrow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...