Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Birta Jumper - My First Fair Isle Knit

I attempted my first Fair Isle knit this year!

I was a bit worried about going insane but turns out it was quite fun. It was a challenge but in a good way! If I had the inclination I'd love to design more fun patterns to Fair Isle!

Turns out I must have gone wrong somewhere on the normal knitting as the finished knit is tight on the arms but loose on the body?!?!

It is wearable but I am hoping the arms will loosen up a bit over time!




I also love these little siamese snowflakes that happened at the join! Not sure if that was meant to happen but I'm going with it!


Ravelled HERE!

3 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous. Love the muted colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so fantastic! I wish I had the fortitude for Fair Isle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweater looks so pretty. I think you are really brave tackling such a challenging pattern.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete

Interesting Tales....




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...