Atticus' DC Superhero Birthday Quilt

 

It has been decided...this is the year of birthday quilts!


Atticus' quilt is cot sized and made with some brilliant superhero fabric that I snapped up at Spotlight earlier in the year!


I used my current favourite quilting method - the zig-zag and backed the quilt with some 'posh spots'.






Happy 1st Birthday Atticus!


Vital Statistics

Fabric: Superhero Fabric from Spotlight and an additional Superman 'Look Up in the Sky' print!

Pattern: Basic Square Patch Quilt

To quilt it I used a walking foot on my standard machine and quilted every row. This created a lovely chevron pattern on the back of the quilt.

To back the quilt I used 'Posh Spots' from Spotlight

To bind the quilt I used a blue and white star drill fabric from Spotlight (I purchased this thinking it would make an awesome Wonder Woman skirt but then it was too perfect for this project!)

For the wadding I used a premium seed cotton wadding.

The quilt is now in the cot with Atticus' ripple blanket ready for snuggles!

Comments

Popular Posts