HURRAH, this week I finished my Rainbow Crochet squares!
I spent some time over the weekend weaving in all the loose ends and re-doing one dodgy square!
After 6 months of hard work* they are all ready to be sewn into a lovely blanket!
The Rainbow Inspector Approves!
I thought I would give you a little story of how these square came to be...
I was originally inspired by this blanket here:
I tried to duplicate the pattern and make the squares the same but I didn't really like how it looked:
I did some tweaking and made my own pattern that I found worked better for me!
I tried to mix the colours up as with the original blanket that inspired me:
I didn't like the look with the shades of wool I had so I hunted down 2 different shades of each colour for my final squares!
I am really happy with how they turned out and I can't wait to see them all stitched together!
* By hard work what I really mean is a few squares per Brown Owls Meeting, over some cake and iced coffee!