Inspired by Valentine's Day and Jane Austen Regency dresses I created a soft and romantic look for the girls. To be honest I have been dying to make then little Austen dresses for years!
My original plan was to make them sheer with no lining but I found this great red lining that worked well with the lace for Amelie so I stuck with it!
Clementine's version is sheer from the waist and has a little ribbon waterfall!
Originally for this challenge I was going to steer clear of bright colours and keep the dress plain with some embroidery but then I found this amazing lace in my stash and had to use it!
Clementine's version is what the original lace looked like and Amelie's has been dyed red - the final shade being in-between pink and red.
I used a red velvet lace trim for the dress below and we made arrows with sticks and felt!
To create the dresses I used the Oliver and S Bubble Dress pattern and made the following changes:
* I added extra inches to the centre of the bodice to then regather it!
* I lengthened the dress to give it a long empire line.
* I eliminated the bubble!
I also added some heart buttons that the girls had selected on a fabric trip and have been dying to use!
The girls absolutely LOVE the dresses and have be dancing around as princesses and fairies to their hearts content!