Polka Dot Christening Quilt

This weekend I made this pink polka dot name quilt for my sister-in-law


It is for her beautiful niece Tahlia...


I used a large pink polka dot for the front and a small pink polka dot to contrast for the back and name.

To make the letters I ironed on interfacing to the small pink dots and then traced and cut out the letters. I used a small zig-zag stitch to apply them to the white panel.

Once pieced together I used hand quilting in in criss-cross pattern which reminded me of kisses xxx


To keep the hand stitching straight I used masking tape for each line...I am really happy how it turned out...and if you look closely on the front you can see each square perfectly holds 16 dots!

Obligatory quilt blowing in the wind shot...


I will show you the matching pillow shortly...


Comments

  1. It's beautiful and looks really snuggly - are the letters a printed font or handdrawn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I traced the letters from a font I enlarged on my computer screen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts