The Kissin Cousins Dress

Earlier in the year I was trying to work out a great dress design for my vintage sheet fabrics. The husband suggested the dress from one of his favourite Elvis movies Kissin Cousins!

I found the perfect pattern for it in Love at First Stitch by Tilly Walnes and with some small amendments it was THE dress!




Amendments: I cut into the bodice front as pictured below. Once the bodice was completed I used elastic to gather the center front. I also used elastic on the sleeve cuffs.

I was really happy with the dress as I usually go for the gathered skirt look and stay away from a more fittied skirt - but it worked and I love it!







Comments

  1. It's perfect! I love that combination of fabric and pattern and model. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts