Amelie's Briar Rose Quilt










Vital Statistics



My Amendments to the Pattern: Instead of the yardage suggested I purchased a complete set of fat quarters and used all 20 of the prints instead of 17. I cut the fat quarters into 9 squares measuring 6 inches each. The final size of the finished quilt is 76 inches by 66 inches. 

To quilt it I used a walking foot on my standard machine and quilted every second zig zag 1/4 inch from the seam. This created a lovely chevron pattern on the back of the quilt.

To back and bind the quilt I used a large off-white flat sheet to keep it plain and leave the focus on the beautiful rainbow!

For the wadding I used a premium seed cotton wadding.

The quilt is now tucked away for Amelie's birthday in April. It is looking forward to many years of snuggles, fort building, hide and seek, and imaginative play!

See also: Clementine's Wee Wander Quilt

Comments

  1. Absolutely stunning. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I love it and this is the kick up the butt I need to start quilting for my girls! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so easy and came together really quickly! I can't wait to see what you create!

      Delete
  3. Bring it to Brown Owls to show off Thouraya! :) Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is just gorgeous! Love the colors and the spring feel of it!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts